It is this time of year when we do well to allow ourselves to draw closer to the King Who has come, Who is here, and Who is coming again. While it is easy for any of us to be drawn into the hustle and rush that surrounds Advent and the Christmas Season, being proactive and intentional about slowing down, focusing on what’s most important, and getting into the Gospel narratives will establish (and re-establish) our heart and soul. It’s not about getting and receiving, it’s about giving and reorienting our lives to His purpose.
- Read John 1 and let the truth of Who Jesus is fill you.
- Find creative ways to spend time with God.
- Get in The Word and commit to not only learning more, but applying more.
- Surround yourself with others who will build you up and pray for you.
- Worship Him and give priority to it.
That is a recipe for a “Christmas to remember!”
Blessings and joy!